Friday 21 April 2017

Open Source Tooling and Automation Part 3

What I did:

In this lab I follow the guide lines to create an simple node.js server and REST API using the lab module that I have been working on. Additionally I deployed my little server to run on the Heroku a free clouding hosting platform so I could show my work to professor via the blog on CDOT wiki.

What I learned:

It is difficult to say that I learned about server or API, but with just this brief introduction to REST api and node.js I understand that there is much more to it than  what I thought and I am eager to find some time and learn much more.

Difficulties:

While I was following professor`s instructions I cam across a but whenever I was trying to log in to Heroku using my Git Bash command line.
By researching this bug on the web I realize that I was not the only one having the same problem. What I discovered was that the newest version of git was having compatibility problems coupling with Heroku sistem therefore a possible solution was to use windows command line to access my Heroku account.


That was enough to get read of the problem and move along with my lab instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment